Welcome Visitor...

Latest News

- Palestar Site Revamp...
- Developer WIKI Online...
- DarkSpace Source Code Offline.
- Medusa Engine Source Code Released!
- Website Update
- Palestar Development Website Online...

Latest Topics

- How do I delete my account? »
- Visual Studio Environments »
- Where is dl?? »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Engine »
- GCQL License... »
- MEDUSA »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Enhancement Request »
- Medusa / Darkspace / Resourcer questions »

Top Links

- DarkSpace
- Palestar Bug Tracking
- Medusa Engine @ Github
- Palestar Developer WIKI

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Questions » » What is the Program for designing ships?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author What is the Program for designing ships?
Webstar

Posted: 2005-06-28 19:30   
What is the Program for designing ships?
i would really like to know because i probably
woul try and make a ship for darkspace!

Mithrandir
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-30 17:18   
Ships are designed in the Resourcer, but its not available for public use. Even if you could download it, you'd need all the DarkSpace data files in order to have the parts to put together a ship. Currently, all this is reserved for the Developers.

Email Mithrandir
Fattierob
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-02 20:50   
Quote:

On 2005-06-30 17:18, Mithrandir wrote:
Even if you could download it,

....even though it's the second file in the "Top downloads" section on the palestar website.... and what about the .wob's?

edit: and not to mention this , which could be hacked.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) on 2005-07-02 20:51 ]

Mithrandir
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-03 00:16   
As soon as I see you post a bug report, Fattie, I'll believe you.

Yeah, you can download the resourcer.. and it will give you about 3 things to do without access to the development server: restore, minimize, and close.

Email Mithrandir
Drow
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-03 01:54   
Cool! I love minimize then restore I just sit here all day clicking.. min.. restore.. min.. restore.. gives me goose bumps thinking about it

Fattierob
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-03 22:01   
Quote:

On 2005-07-03 00:16, Mithrandir wrote:
As soon as I see you post a bug report, Fattie, I'll believe you.

Yeah, you can download the resourcer.. and it will give you about 3 things to do without access to the development server: restore, minimize, and close.

all I'm saying is, if somebody knew(see: cracked) a userID and PW, and just tried every single port
.......I mean the developer server is public knowledge...

Quietly confident
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 03:13   
Coulodn't you create a Scalled down version of the programe as it were, were all you can get is what you need to create ships, no more, no less. sorta like a restricted access programme were all the touchy stuff (which you lot deal with at palestar) would have been removed to leave us with a programe to design ships.

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Mithrandir
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 03:20   
Er.. not really.. since in order to design a ship, you'd have to first model it, which the Resourcer doesn't support (it only imports existing models), then add all sorts of other things: engines, weapons, gadgets, sound effects, lights, hit effects, destruction effects, etc.
When it comes down to it, you'd need a lot of stuff - the only thing we'd not be showing you were pre-existing designs and maps.. and you can figure out the designs from the game and put together a pretty close replica, if you're clever.

I don't think, in the end, that it'd be very slimmed down, therefore.

And I see your point, Fattie.. and actually, yes, you could probably find some secrets or cause some trouble (depending upon your intentions) if you found someone's password - but I would assume, since it'd be an admin's password, that we'd have more problems than just someone playing with the resourcer. Maybe not, but it seems like they might set their sights a bit higher...
But what do I know?

Email Mithrandir
Quietly confident
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 11:55   
why not create a model editor / builder only then? were we can only do them two things, then we send what we've made to whoever??
so if you wanted the desighn intergated into you just "copy and paste" the moel into the rescourcer or something. i dunno, .
S.C.

Tael

Palestar

Posted: 2005-07-05 12:48   
Ships are modeled in 3ds Max, versions 3, 4, or 5 (different plug-ins depending on your version).

Once you model it, you have to use the Palestar port plug-in to export those models to the resourcer. Once they are in the resourcer, you then set its scaling, device layout, damage and other visual effects, and set it for use in the game.

Email Tael
Quietly confident
Cadet

Posted: 2005-07-05 14:37   
Cool. thanks for that. But i couldn't get a hold of 3D Studio Max 3 or 4 or 5, in fact only 7....anyway, you couldn't create plug-ins which contain the ICC, UGTO and K'Luth basics could you? just the grapics side, nothing else. thanks
S.C.

[ This Message was edited by: Screaming Chimera on 2005-07-05 17:08 ]

Poopshackles
Cadet

Posted: 2006-08-23 14:01   
I wonder if any1 would bother to create a spin off program so that people could design ships and then submit them to palestar for review ....Or even so that people could play with them in there own servers give DS some spice and give me something to try while im not playing DS. hey i can other stuff in that 10 mins!
P.S. a simpilar version would help certain people

[ This Message was edited by: Poopshackles{BORG} on 2006-08-23 14:02 ]

Ospolos
Cadet

Posted: 2006-08-28 10:29   
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 14:01, Poopshackles{BORG} wrote:
I wonder if any1 would bother to create a spin off program so that people could design ships and then submit them to palestar for review ....Or even so that people could play with them in there own servers give DS some spice and give me something to try while im not playing DS. hey i can other stuff in that 10 mins!
P.S. a simpilar version would help certain people

A submitable "spin off" of the resourcer would have to be developed from someone familiar with the real resourcer. Submiting would be an issue if you have mass ammounts of people submitting, so, there would have to be submission rights to certain accounts. As for using for your own server there would need to be a seperate update process for every type of server someone creates with their "own ships".. So, I wouldn't go that far into it. However, if a dummy resourcer were to be developed for suggestions/ship/gfx ect. changes ect.. ect.. then that may help aid the development rather then idea posting on the forum. If you were perhaps really serious about it though, I guess you could always create the sub resources for it (ie. textures, models) and submit them to a darkspace developer who has resourcer rights and is willing to accept submissions of the such. Overall, I think it is not needed.

DarkSpin
Cadet
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-08-29 22:17   
How about this we all are intrested in makeing our own ships so why dont you.."Palestar staff and stuff" Try to put together so way for us users to make ships... Honistly that is the simplest idea out there so far that I know of and would be hapy to help.. If at all possible.

[ This Message was edited by: darkspen on 2006-08-29 22:17 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Peter Wiggin
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-06 04:45   
I doubt it would, but would 3ds max 8 work? I want to start practicing, just for the hell of it, but all i can find(maybe ebay has 3) is 8

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019491 seconds.

Copyright ©2000-2024 by Palestar, All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR