Welcome Visitor...

Latest News

- Palestar Site Revamp...
- Developer WIKI Online...
- DarkSpace Source Code Offline.
- Medusa Engine Source Code Released!
- Website Update
- Palestar Development Website Online...

Latest Topics

- How do I delete my account? »
- Visual Studio Environments »
- Where is dl?? »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Engine »
- GCQL License... »
- MEDUSA »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Enhancement Request »
- Medusa / Darkspace / Resourcer questions »

Top Links

- DarkSpace
- Palestar Bug Tracking
- Palestar Developer WIKI
- Medusa Engine @ Github

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Content Suggestions » » Website suggestion
 Author Website suggestion
c0ld
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-02 03:12   
Over on the left hand side, there is a 'Clans/Groups' link. I'm sure it is a work in progress, as it just lists all the fleets from DS. I'd think it would be better to make a new database of 'Development Groups', which could include palestar. Each group should be listed along with it's current project name, number of developers and project status. The groups could recruit in the same way fleets do, and the larger groups would get private forums too. I'm sure the fleet system used on DS could be scaled up to a proper dev group like on the scale of sourceforge.

Faustus
Cadet
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-02 12:35   
Nope... clans/groups are going to be shared between all gamecq projects/games...

This way if we add for example, DarkSpace - Fighter, which is a fighter based game, then you'll still be in the same fleet/clan in both games.

So, currently, my plan is to keep clans/fleets/groups intact accross all games in gamecq.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
c0ld
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-02 18:21   
I see where you're coming from and yes, having fleets that bridge all the games and project games will be neat. So say a group of players could play together in Darkspace, DS-fighter, DS-marine and any number of Indy games.

But, this is Palestar, a purely development orientated website. It has little to do with the finshed playable games.

Let me just expand it a little, if I may. A developer coming to medusa would find this site as his first port of call. His interest would be either to develop a game on his own or join an existing group of developers. By starting a new development group database, as well as providing useful links and help/support here on palestar, you give them a 'home' to work from. Otherwise they'd have to go elsewhere to develop the game, most likely sourceforge or even privately.

Now, once they have their game to alpha or beta, you could provide a website, like Darkspace-beta and release, tied into the GCQL network. And this website, surely, is where the database of player fleets should be shared?

The developer would get a complete package, from development and support all the way upto access to an established playerbase.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-05-05 14:45 ]

Page created in 0.007464 seconds.

Copyright ©2000-2024 by Palestar, All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR