Welcome Visitor...

Latest News

- Palestar Site Revamp...
- Developer WIKI Online...
- DarkSpace Source Code Offline.
- Medusa Engine Source Code Released!
- Website Update
- Palestar Development Website Online...

Latest Topics

- How do I delete my account? »
- Visual Studio Environments »
- Where is dl?? »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Engine »
- GCQL License... »
- MEDUSA »
- Game Development Resource Links »
- Medusa Enhancement Request »
- Medusa / Darkspace / Resourcer questions »

Top Links

- DarkSpace
- Palestar Bug Tracking
- Palestar Developer WIKI
- Medusa Engine @ Github

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Gadget cost and ship stripping
 Author Gadget cost and ship stripping
Panimu

Posted: 2002-01-19 11:31   
Faustus recently posted that stripping a ship of gadgets then returning to a JG will have a very negative prestige loss.

Good.

But, careful. Could this be a potential pitfall? I take my Assault cruiser out and a lower ranked buddy takes a Heavy cruiser. I strip off some torps and swap them for some railguns, then I return to Jump Gate with all my gadget slots filled.

Ah, but railguns are cheaper than torps so I lose pres as my ship is now worth less.

But what if I swapped torps for lasers because I prefer them or just wanted one extra for Point Defence? This could make my ship cheaper.. I better watch out eh?

A while ago I suggested having a ships name have "Modified" in front of it if changed from the original blue print, so you could at least know it's not the original load out. In addition maybe it could display the cost of the ship targetted. :> Maybe this should be reserved for ally ships. Might be more useful to display how far the cost is off base "+23" etc.

Some things to think on ..

Goto the website of Panimu
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2002-01-19 13:14   
Perhaps only a prestege cost for returning a ship that does not have full slots.

Email Gideon
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-01-19 14:31   
How about you can refit and customize ship at starport ONLY. It would help with all this jettisoned weapons and junk floating around the jump gate.
Have a special window at starport for refitting ship with "stuff" you've acquired. Kinda like a shipyard. Put your acquired stuff in shipyard, remove current stuff on ship, replace with new stuff.
By only refitting at starport players won't lose weapons they've acquired. Players wouldn't go ballistic when someone 'steals' there "STUFF".
Just an idea.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-01-19 15:58   
I think you should only be able to refit a ship at a starport. If you want to strip that ship onto a starport then take it back to the gate, with different equipment, I think that should cost you. Also, with your parts ONLY on the starport, your lower rank buddy would have to BUY those parts. No more giving away parts.

But I think most of this will become moot once ships have specific slots.

SteelRat

Panimu
Cadet

Posted: 2002-01-19 16:31   
Quote:

On 2002-01-19 13:14, Gideon wrote:
Perhaps only a prestege cost for returning a ship that does not have full slots.

But then you fall for my exploit of 'replace all your cool stuuf with CL300s and Railguns" type thing.

Goto the website of Panimu
Page created in 0.010367 seconds.

Copyright ©2000-2024 by Palestar, All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR